We all love cheesecake, and it is undoubtedly a heavenly dessert. A crunchy base coupled with a soft creamy centre and luscious topping, it is definitely a show-stealer. The great thing about making your cheesecake at home is that you can control the amount of sugar that goes into it. Here I list down the recipe for my Easy Apple dessert, a Cheesecake with cottage cheese (paneer) instead of store-bought Cream cheese which isn’t easily available in small towns like ours.
The most authentic cheesecake uses store bought cream cheese, which is a little difficult to find in some areas of our town. Keeping in mind the health concerns and the cravings, we tried a variation of the apple crumble cheesecake with some easily available home ingredients and No FUSS!
For the Filling
- 1 CUP Hung curd.
- 1 CUP grated Paneer ( cottage cheese)
- 3/4 cup sugar/ Honey/ any sweetener
- 1 tbsp Vanilla essence
For the Crumble
- 2 tbsp Butter
- ¾ cup Maida ( Plain Flour)
- 3tbsp sugar
- 3tbsp Coconut Powder
For the Topping
- 2 Apple-thinly sliced.
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- Prepare the crumble first. In a sauce pain, melt the butter and add the flour, could coconut powder and sugar to it. Keep mixing and stirring on low flame till the sugar caramelizes and the flour turns brown. Let to rest.
- In a Mixie Blender, Whip the hung curd with cottage cheese for a thick creamy consistency. Add the sugar and vanilla essence for a final whip.
- In a saucepan, caramelise the apple and sugar.
- Take a butter paper or a bowl and layer the crumble. Top it with the cream cheese filling.
- Add the remaining crumble and serve with the caramelised apple on top.
- Refrigerate for 3-4 hours before serving .
You can try the same dessert in different flavour such as Mango, Strawberry and Banana Chocolate, Coconut. For a fast- savy version, just omit the crumble and vanilla essence and you are good to go. I also prefer to add coconut powder for the added crunch .
Don’t forget to try this recipe and share your pictures with us.